Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Week 6

AREA: Northwest Zone, Tucson (Catalina, AZ)
COMPANION: Elder Young

Monday: Hiking in the Rain
Pday last week was super awesome! I woke up this morning and prayed
for the beautiful weather. Then I looked outside and it was raining!
We then found out that we were going on a hike to 7 falls. The entire
trip it was drizzling alittle but we were soaked from the drizzling on
the 10 mile hike. The hike was super fun and hopefully one day we can
go on it when it is not raining.

Tuesday: Today we were on our way to go to the Otuafis to read
scriptures and lift as usual but found out they were all sick... So we
just lifted up the garage door and lifted and went home to get ready
for the day. Today was one of those days where you have the day just
completely filled up. Me and Elder Young were super pumped to go teach
all these people. But after going appointment to appointment... Every
single appointment had canceled on us. We ended up going over to Bea &
Han's house and read scriptures, which was great but we really wish
that some of our appointments would have worked out. We did find out
while we were there that Michael our old investigator might be moving
back from Tennessee! Which sucks that things didnt work out in
Tennessee but he is moving back so we can continue to teach him! After
our long day of trying to find something to do... We went to chillies
for dinner because even our dinner canceled on us. After dinner we had
basketball with some of the people in the ward and their non-member
friends. This week me and Elder Young thought it would be a good idea
to start off with a prayer. After I brought up the idea of doing that
he was like "okay, go for it" haha so I had to get everyones attention
and tell them we were starting off with a prayer. Which doesnt seem
that hard but for some reason it was really scary. Saying that prayer
really changed the way things were at basketball. I dont know about
everyone else but I really felt that the spirit was watching over us
alittle more than normal. It was great!

Wednesday: Today we had district meeting after our normal morning
rituals. I did actually lift today... which I dont really enjoy doing
that much but it felt good in a way even though I know I am going to
be fetching sore from it. After district meeting we went over to Taco
Bell like usual to destroy our insides. Then after dinner at the
Butlers we went over to Bill Smith's house for new member lessons
which went really well.

Thursday:Amazing day!
This morning we went for a run instead of lifting and we decided to
time our miles. I havent ran or timed my mile time in awhile so I
thought this would be interesting. After running my mile I felt I
actually was going pretty fast... I ran about a 5.20 mile... Which
completely surprised me. Yes it was actually a mile. After doing that
we then started going through our list of former investigators...
First few people werent home but then we went to Stacy Jacks house.
Stacy didnt end up being Stacy.... She was Miranda and she just moved
into that house a month ago. We found out that she had been
investigating the church where she lived before and was excited to
start taking the lessons again. Super awesome experience! I have been
praying everyday for people to be prepared to hear the gospel. I know
that Miranda is prepared to hear our message. Really strengthened my
testimony of prayer.

Friday: Boring but ended great.
Today we basically stayed home all day for weekly planning. After all
our planning we stopped by our recent contact Traci (who is a less
active we found by mistake) house and found out she will be moving
that next thursday. We are now going over to their house on wednesday
with the missionaries that will be in there new area to help move her
family. After dinner we had our friday volleyball night which is kinda
a joke but still fun and got a call from sister waid from the ward
mission saying that our potential investigator we contacted last
sunday was reading from the Book of Mormon and was excited for us to
come by and share our message! super awesome!

Saturday: Amazing Day!
Today was awesome! we have so many potential investigators that are so
close to being read to have the lessons. We will definately be
teaching Amanda by next week and hopefully her kids too. We have a few
more investigators that we might pick up soon. Hoping to turn all
these potentials into baptisms soon!

Sunday: Fasting
Today was fast sunday and it was great. I did something I dont
normally do, instead of just saying a quick little prayer before
fasting, I said almost a 10 min long prayer, and I prayed with a
sincere heart. After that prayer I woke up feeling excited and ready
for church. The spirit was so strong while I was fasting and thinking
about what I was fasting for. It really helped me feel the spirit more
and felt like my fasting was really affecting things in my life and
the lives of others I was fasting for. I was still excited for dinner
which was great, then we came home and did some missionary crack
which sounds bad but all it is this cookie you drink hot chocolate
through and put it in your mouth and it just melts and it tastes sooo
amazing. We then played our sunday game of Dominion as usual. The
Broadbents are total nerds but I love them to death. They really know
how to have a fun time.

This week had its downs and ups. But in the long run was really
amazing! Every week it amazes me how my testimony of this church
grows. This is an amazing religion and it really isnt something that
you can just read in a book and find it to be true. One of the things
we tell our investigators is to not believe what we are saying. We
want them to take what we tell them and pray with a sincere heart to
know that it is true. Over time I realized something important about a
testimony and how to keep it. It's like a fire, a fire if you dont
keep adding wood to the fire it will eventually burn out and turn into
ash... there will always be evidence that there was a fire there but
it doesn't continue to burn. Like our testimonies if we dont continue
to pray to know that this is the true church and constantly recieve
spiritual confirmation that this is the true church, our testimonies
will become "ash". An evidence that we have once felt the spirit and
had that confirmation but it will be almost lost.

I challenge you all if you're not already doing it. Pray every night
to continue to receive spiritual confirmations. Ask to know that this
is the true church, that the Book of Mormon is a true book, or that
Joseph Smith was a prophet. I know that through doing this you will
continue to grow your testimony and you will be able to feel the
spirit strong in your daily life.

Tucson sunset



McDonalds for P-Day with Elders Young, Jacobs, and Wall

No comments:

Post a Comment