Friday, April 28, 2017

Week 81

AREA: TucsonMidvale
COMPANION: Elder Bradfield

Friends and Family,

Monday--- Happy Birthday to me:) Can't believe I am 21 now!! Other
than that it was my birthday today was super busy! We were driving all
over the place and doing a bunch of things with the zone. In the
morning we did all our normal stuff and about noon we went to one of
the stake centers and had a little competition thing and then had a
variety show thing. What I did was played guitar and sung Hallelujah
in a voice like Elvis Presley. It was pretty fun and I was able to get
out of my comfort zone a little bit. We also went to the Air force
base and flew some flight simulators for a super cool airplane. The
simulator literally cost about 13 million dollars... they had 4 of
them I think. That evening we met at a steakhouse for dinner and had
an amazing steak dinner.

Tuesday---Today was really good! We were pretty busy practically all
day. We started out by helping someone out with a move which was
pretty good. Never before in my life have I moved a mattress so heavy,
never purchase and move on your own a temperpedic king size mattress.
Right after that we went to the food bank and on the way we saw a guy
on the side of the road with a flat so we helped him out which was
fun. His name was Morris Supersad, kind of an interesting name for
sure. After food bank we went home and got changed and ready for the
rest of the day. We did have a lesson with faith which was short and
sweet but went well. Sister Lucas made me a birthday cake which was
pretty nice of her. Rushed over to dinner, then ward mission meeting,
and then our lesson with Crystal. She is so ready for her baptism! I
love teaching her.

Wednesday--- R.I.P. My iPad officially was pronounced unrepairable
today. Was able to call my mama to talk to her about getting a new
one. It was definitely nice to be able to talk with her briefly. Even
though she wasn't happy about why i was calling she was happy. Had
district meeting and set some intense goals for us to work towards.
I'm a big believer in stretching and working hard to accomplish great
things. We set the goal as 16 reactivations for the district this
month and I know that through our desire, hard work, and faith we can
accomplish that goal. After district meeting we took some fun
pictures, went to a Mexican place for district lunch, and then started
my exchange with Elder Coon. Felt bad because things did not go as
plan at all... we went to Best Buy to go get a replacement tablet,
came back the apartment, accidentally locked the keys in the truck,
and spent practically the rest of the night trying to get it unlocked.
Finally got it unlocked by jimmying the back window open.

Thursday--- This morning was pretty good. had food bank and everything
and then went out to three points for Faith's lesson. Elder Coon was
not expecting what we were going to I don't think. Faith lives in a
small, old, dumpy RV that has garbage scattered pretty much all around
it. Had a great lesson on keeping the sabbath day Holy. Faith hasn't
been sleeping well recently so we invited her to say the opening
prayer and ask that she would have the strength and energy to pay
attention. She did and she got woken up pretty good by the wind
knocking down the sun blocker thing that rolls off the RV. We then
visited with some more people which went well, had dinner, tried to
visit more people, and then went out to Sahuarita to exchange back.

Friday--- This morning while doing exercises I started wondering if I
had a hernia because I had been feeling slight pain in my groin and it
felt like something was poking me so I called sister Passey, she set
up an appointment with the doctors, I went, found out I had one, went
to an amazing Peruvian restaurant, went to dinner, had a lesson with
Crystal, and went home for the night.

Saturday--- Today I spent a large majority of the day doing service
which was pretty fun. The first service was with Mark Neely, the guy
we met at the Laundry mat a couple of weeks prior to that, trimmed
some trees, and cut the grass in his front yard with a weed wackier
because it was that long. The next service that we did was for a newer
member in the ward who's mom's had a lemon tree that needed to be
trimmed. Spent a little over an hour doing that before having to go to
dinner. They gave us a bunch of lemons to take home and I'm not sure
what to even do with them because we don't even have a juicer. Had
dinner with Henry which was great as usual. Had a great lesson with
Crystal as well on a bunch of the commandments and then went home and
got transfer calls! I am staying in the area and Elder Bradfield is
leaving and going ASL! He doesn't even know sign language so this
should be fun haha.

Sunday--- This morning we had ward council which went pretty good. Had
sacrament meeting and then had to leave to go out to Sells for
sacrament meeting there. Henry while at dinner promised that he would
go to Sells with us and during sacrament meeting he texted us and told
us he wasn't going to come and to not pick him up. He had been
skipping out on church a lot recently so we went over anyone and
wouldn't leave his place until he came out and came to church. His
excuse was that he was tired which I'm sure is true... he just also
out of the habit of coming to church. After coming out he thanked us
haha I felt like he knew better:) Sells was great, we had someone
there that one of the natives invited with her and he wasn't a member!
His name is mike and seems to be looking forward to coming to church
again next time.

Helaman 10:4-5
        Blessed art thou, Nephi, for those things which thou hast done; for I
have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingness declared the word, which
I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared
them, and hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my will, and
to keep my commandments.
        And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness,
behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word
and in deed, in faith and in works; yea, even that all things shall be
done unto thee according to thy word, for thou shalt not ask that
which is contrary to my will.

Came across this scripture again this week while thinking about goals
and striving to accomplish hard things. I love this because if we have
a righteous goal and it is not contrary to God's will he will do what
he can to support you and make whatever it was happen. As long as we
keep the commandments and always remember our Savior, we will blessed
to accomplish our greatest goals.

I love you all!! Have a great week and stay safe:)

Love,

Elder Smith




R.I.P. Sister Tanner (she is going home) 

No comments:

Post a Comment